Even though extra precautions due to Covid-19 are being taken, I am participating at my own risk. I understand that even if all the guidelines are followed, there is a risk of contracting the virus.
General Guidelines to be followed
- All government guidelines relating to Covid-19 should be followed.
- Students should not to attend classes if they are or think they might be in breach of these these guidelines (re: return travel, flu like systems etc.).
- All participants and teachers should wash hands on a regular basis (before and after class).
- Remind students to maintain social distancing and to follow signage posted at the venue.
- When possible a system of one way entrance, one way exit will be used.
- When indoors, all mats should be spaced 2-3 metres apart. For outdoor classes mats should be spaced 1-2 meters apart.
Responsibilities of the Students:
- Participants will be required to bring their own equipment (mat, blocks, straps, pads, etc). Sharing of equipment will not be allowed.
- Equipment should be cleaned regularly at home.
- During indoor classes, students will be asked to leave the room when they feel a cough or sneeze arise. They will also be asked to bring a small towel to catch cough/sneezes.
- For indoor class venues, students should arrive no more than 10 minutes before class and to leave the room directly after class. This will minimise the congregation of students.
- Upon arriving to class at an indoor venue, students will be asked to fill the space from back to front. This will prevent people from walking around the room “shopping for a good spot”.
- Students will be asked to stay on their mat and not walk around the room.
- Yogis are to use toilets at home before coming to the yoga venue when possible.
Responsibilities of the Instructor:
- The instructor will consult with the venue to ensure COVID-19 protocols are being followed.
- Regularly remind students of all guidelines and make this risk assessment available to students.
- Ensure hand sanitiser is available at the start and end of every class.
- Floor and mat wipes will be available if required.
- The Instructor will avoid hands on adjustments and favour verbal communications instead.
- For indoor classes, the instructor will try to avoid walking around the room and will watch from the front of class.
- The Instructor will keep a list of participants and contact info for each session. This will help - support track and trace by the local authorities.
- Ensure room is well ventilated before, after and during class. (Opening windows and doors).
- Should there be a medical emergency, during class the instructor will put on a mask and gloves before approaching the student.
- Should the instructor or anyone in the instructor’s household have flu-like symptoms, or develop Covid-19, classes will be cancelled.
- The Instructor will wash hands before and after each class.
- It is the responsibility of the rental space owner to clean and disinfect the rooms. Floor and surfaces should be cleaned and disinfected on a regular basis. The instructor will report unclean floors to the office manager.
- To provide Signage and posters at the venue to help establish social distancing rules and measures.